Spotify is subscription-based digital music, podcast, and video service that provides access to millions of songs and other works from independent producers worldwide. so How to delete a Spotify account. While basic functions such as listening to music are completely free, you may also upgrade to Spotify Premium.
Spotify is available on a variety of devices, including computers, smartphones, tablets, speakers, televisions, and automobiles, and you can effortlessly switch between them using Spotify Connect.
Do you wish to close/permanently delete/deactivate your Spotify account for any reason? That is, assuming you are no longer using Spotify. However, you may only deactivate your account by visiting the Spotify support website and following the on-screen instructions.
Although, if you choose to cancel your membership (if necessary), you are not required to delete your account. If you still desire to proceed, you can delete your Spotify account using the following procedure:
How to delete your Spotify account
1. In a web browser, head to the Contact Support page and sign in using the account you want to close. Click on ‘Account.’
2. Select ‘I want to close my account.’
3. Select ‘Contact to close.’ If you have a Premium account, you’re also given the option to cancel it, though this will just switch you to a free account, rather than deleting it completely.
4. Rather than fill out a form, you’ll need to ‘chat’ with Spotify’s support bot to delete your account. Click on ‘Start chat’ to open it up.
5. Type that you wish to close your account, and the bot will help you complete the final few steps. If you’re given a choice of cancelling a Premium subscription or closing your account, click ‘Close account’ in the chatbox. You’ll also need to confirm you can access your email address when prompted.
Can I re-activate my Spotify Account after Deletion?
To clarify, the answer is – yes. It allows you to get back to your account within 7 days of its deletion. For instance, if you somehow change your mind to get back to your account, you can re-activate your Spotify account using the activation link sent to your registered email after the account’s deletion.