What is the importance of books in our life? Books play a quintessential role in every student’s life by introducing them to a world of imagination, providing knowledge of the outside world, improving their reading, writing and speaking skills as well as boosting memory and intelligence. The importance of books in our life cannot be undermined for they not only help in broadening our horizons but also act as doorways of connecting us with the world around us. They function as survival kits, they influence us and leave an impact on us. Want to know the benefits of books and the importance of reading? Curious about how books impact our lives? Read this blog to know all about the importance of books in a student’s life, essays on importance of reading books, quotes and more!
Importance of Books in Our Life
Books are packed with knowledge, they give you life lessons, they teach you about hardships, love, fear, and every little thing that is a part of life. Books have been here for centuries and contain the knowledge of our past, civilizations, and cultures.
What are the advantages of books? Here are top 20 benefits on the importance of books in our life:
- Books are our best friends.
- Books illuminate your imagination.
- Books help you form your own unique perspective of the world around you.
- Books build confidence.
- Books help you grow mentally and emotionally.
- Books enhance your vocabulary.
- Books help you learn new languages.
- Books inculcate analytical skills in you.
- Books are therapeutic and offer wonderful recluse.
- Books impart you with crucial life lessons.
- Books sharpen your ingenuity.
- Books make students intelligent.
- Books improve memory.
- Books relieve the stress of students.
- Books improve your writing skills.
- Books introduce us to things and perspectives.
- Books help in self-improvement.
- Reading books improve your communication skills.
- Books record history and spread awareness.
- Reading is an excellent hobby.
Now, let’s explore the importance of books in further detail!
Books are Your Best Friend
One of the great reasons that signify the importance of books in our life is that books act as our best friends. Friends are one of the most important parts of our life. We can’t imagine our life without the companionship of a good friend. Similarly, a book is like a best friend that constantly inspires us to become the best versions of ourselves. Books enrich our mind with knowledge just like a good friend. We can learn a lot from books and they can help us in overcoming our failures as well as shape our minds.
Books Illuminate Your Imagination
Another important aspect to understand the importance of books in our life is that books are one of the most creative art forms. Every book we read has the power to transpose us into a different world filled with several amazing characters. Books can increase the power of our imagination and can act as a gate that opens doors to a dream world, far from the harsh realities of real life. Your imagination and creativity will be simulated on reading a good fictional book.Famous Books by Ruskin Bond
Books Give Perspective to the World Around You
A good book has the power to change the way we think, talk and analyze things. There are numerous books written in several genres such as fiction, non-fiction, novels, drama, thriller, suspense, science-fiction, etc. Every book comes with its own unique perspective. If you are an avid reader, you will get to create your own perspective, one which will help you stand apart from others. Reading gives us an advantage of analyzing different environments which pushes our mind to be observant. Books help in developing presence of mind and observational skills, thus illuminating on the importance of books in our life.Importance of Reading
Books Build Confidence
Another reason that highlights the importance of books in our life, is that books help in building our confidence. When we read a book, we get to learn about the struggles and hardships of various characters. Sometimes we even relate those situations with our personal lives. Understanding the situations of the characters of a book and how they overcome difficult times and challenges gives you courage and confidence to deal with your problems. Also, a well read person will always have more knowledge about various topics that will equip that person better for social situations and for holding conversations with groups of people.
Ever wondered what the word for loving the smell of old books is? It’s called Bibliosmia.
Books Help You Grow Mentally and Emotionally
Another reason reflecting on the importance of books in our life is that reading books comes with a wide range of mental and physical benefits. Reading can expand your vocabulary and communication skills which can help you interact better with people. Also, reading is an effective way of boosting your memory and enhancing your focus. Reading books makes you empathetic because when you engage with fictional characters and understand their situations, it leaves a strong impact on your capacity to empathize with people. Having an empathetic attitude helps you grow into a better person.The Most Iconic & Inspiring Fictional Characters!
List Life Lessons to Learn from Books
The importance of books in our lives is not limited to the knowledge it provides us. Books also bring change in our personality, develops us into our better sleeves and gives us lessons to cherish lifelong. Here are some of then:
- Better understanding of yourself
- Emotionally strong and expressive
- Mental visualization
- Sense of identity
- Keeping a wild imagination
- Always staying curious
Importance of Books in Our Life Essay
When they say that books are our true best friends, it is absolutely true. Not only are books our companions but they are also our safe haven. Books never expect anything in return from us. Whenever we are tired or bored or stressed, picking up a book and reading helps us to go in another world – a world free of worries and everyday tension. At the same time, books enrich us and provide us with unimaginable knowledge.
There are many times in life when we feel tired and defeated or just feel like spending some quality time with ourselves – nothing better than sitting in a corner with a hot cup of tea and a nice book! The importance of books in our life is multi-fold. Printed or online, a book is a treasure chest of information and plays an important role in boosting our imagination.
It is a reality that when it comes to students, books also play the role of teachers. If we come in the habit of reading books from an early age, we will be able to do anything in life. For students and people who struggle with problems in language or want to improve their vocabulary, nothing but a book can help you overcome it. A book may be in any language, it is rich in good vocabulary and therefore helps in improving self-confidence and self-love. One can keep going on about the importance of books in our life since it is unlimited. Grab a book today and start reading!
Essay on Importance of Reading
Just like there is unimaginable importance of books in our life, the habit of reading has a quintessential role to play. It is a significant habit to inculcate in order to facilitate complete and all-round growth of children. If children get in the habit of picking up a book from an early age, they will never feel bored or listless and more importantly, never have time for any kind of negative emotion. Books can easily become everyone’s best friend and also be our teacher.
It has been proven time and again that children who develop a habit of reading or understand the importance of reading always perform better in all activities of the school and have the added advantage of having a broad vocabulary!
Even as young children turn into adults, the importance of reading does not cease. It helps you become a better speaker and also helps in enhancing your writing skills. Reading helps us in giving our brain muscles a good exercise and prevents the possibility of lethargy. If one is in the habit of reading he/she will always be entertained and will never really need anyone to come to their rescue when they feel bored.
Therefore, the importance of books in our life is magnanimous. And the key to this beautiful treasure-chest of everlasting knowledge is reading.
Importance of Books Quotes
Looking for the best quotes on the importance of books in our life? Here are the best quotes on importance of reading books:
- “Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his needs, is good for him.” —Maya Angelou
- “Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.”– Vera Nazarian
- “Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope.“ —Kofi Annan
- “To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.“ —Victor Hugo
- “We read to know we are not alone.” —C.S. Lewis
- “Books are lighthouses erected in the great sea of time. —E.P. Whipple
- “A parent or a teacher has only his lifetime; a good book can teach forever.” —Louis L’Amour
- “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” —Mark Twain
- “Let us read and let us dance—two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.” —Voltaire
- “Wear the old coat and buy the new book.” —Austin Phelps
- “It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.” —S.I. Hayakawa
- “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” – Walt Disney
- “There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book.” – Marcel Proust
- “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
- “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” – Emilie Buchwald
- “There is no such thing as a child who hates to read; there are only children who have not found the right book.” – Frank Serafini
- “Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”– Jane Smiley
- “Take a good book to bed with you—books do not snore.” – Thea Dorn
The advantages of books are not just limited to our personal lives, they can also help us in our professional growth. Engaging regularly with books can help us in building our vocabulary as well as give us the confidence to conduct ourselves in front of groups of people, both these skills are instrumental to one’s admission process. If you are looking for someone who can assist you through the admission process which can seem challenging, let the experts at Leverage Edu help you through the process.